July 22, 2020

Claiming My Grandmotherhood, ProLife Style

When my son and his wife recently announced they are with child, I claimed my first-time grandmotherhood. So exciting! 

"But wait--that won't happen until after the baby is born."  Not so. 

1) Would we deny that Jesus's life on earth began at the Annunciation, when 
Angel Gabriel announced to Jesus's mother, Mary, that she was with child?  No
                                                            


2) Would we deny science's discovery and pictures of the sperm 
and egg uniting to initiate a new human being?  No.

                                                     How Long After Sex Does Conception Occur? | HowStuffWorks

We therefore cannot deny that the life of every human being begins at the moment of conception. By His conception, that moment is consecrated for all of us. Science confirms it on the natural level.

I hereby hold to my claim: I am a first-time grandmother! 

+ St. Gerard, please pray for my pregnant daughter-in-law and our new baby! +




Source - Let There Be Life

Images 
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/prague-czech-republic-fresco-annunciation-church-kostel-svat%C3%A9ho-cyrila-metodeje-petr-maixner-october-134890726.jpg
https://resize.hswstatic.com/w_907/gif/sperm-egg.jpg  

Edits
07/24/2020 - added "my pregnant daughter-in-law and" to St. Gerard prayers


No comments: