June 10, 2011

Go Bruins!

.
Stanley Cup Playoff
Game 3

I'm not a hockey follower, but like many other people, I step up to the plate during championships, and we have a good one on our hands - Boston Bruins vs. Vancouver Canucks.  The physical hitting and fighting is ridiculous (stop fighting boys), silly, childish, and dangerous, e.g., Nathan Horton's concussion leading to him not being able to play in the last four games, but sometimes I succumb to the "if you can't beat them, join them" approach.  This is one of those times.  Go Bruins! 

Game 5, tonight, NBC, 8 p.m.

P.S. You never know where alliances fall.  I called my sister who has lived in Western Canada for over 20 years and wished her good luck when the playoff began.  She called me back and said she and her husband are rooting for Boston, not Canada.  Too funny.

.
image - http://watch-nhllive.blogspot.com/2011/06/vancouver-canucks-vs-boston-bruins-live.html
.

No comments: