One can not truly stop doing a sin unless they practice doing a virtue in its place. This can be paralleled to stopping abortion while simultaneously promoting life. My previous entry covered 99 ways to stop abortion. This entry covers ways to promote life, from the moment of conception until natural death.
- Say the rosary every day, for the born & the unborn.
- Pray for the conversion of those who support, obtain, and perform abortions.
- Abstain from sex if you are not married.
- Pray to St. Gerard to protect all expectant mothers, so they come to see how sacred life is, and so they make the only choice there is to make.
- Pray to Our Lady of Guadalupe to protect the unborn from the moment of conception until natural death.
- Think of ways you can strengthen the infrastructure to help this sect of our community at all stages of their lives, not just at birth.
- Practice chastity in your own marriage.
- Stop contracepting. Learn about Natural Family Planning.
- Educate yourself on what it truly means to be open to God's unitive and procreative aspects of sexual relations within your marriage.
- Encourage your children to consider the priesthood.
- Learn about Theology of the Body and teach your children the glory of theirs.
- Say NO to extramarital affairs.
- Say NO to unhealthy relationships that may lead to unhealthy marriages, homes, & families.
- Thank God for your own life.
- If your neighbor could use a break from the children, offer to babysit one of them at your house, or all of them at her house.
- Think of ways to have relationship-enhancing conversations with people who support euthanasia, assisted suicide, embryonic stem cell research, the cutting back of medical services in the mental health field, partial birth abortion, and contraception. All of these are AntiLife.
- Spend uninterrupted time with your children, your parents, and your grandparents.
- Visit the elderly in nursing homes, especially your own family & friends.
- Shut off your television and cell phone at times, and ignore the ringing of the house phone. "Family First" is the motto.
- Seek out ProLife organizations in your area. Use them as a resource and/or become a resource.
- Your own ideas: _______________
May God bless you and keep you. May He make His face shine down upon you. Amen.
images - http://cosumnesoaksnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Andrea-baby.jpg