March 30, 2013

Transitioning with the Popes


Pope Francis and Pope emeritus Benedict XVI 

"Oh, Dear Jesus, as we await your Ressurection on this Great and Holy Saturday, please hold me in Your arms.  I pray that nothing I say is offensive to You."

The ongoing media blitz about Pope Francis' humility is essentially cheapening it, at least for me.  With those never ending flash bulbs going off in front of him, and those never ending articles and blog entries about him and every move he makes, I am blinded and can't seem to break through the hype to warm up to him.  Besides, I am still reeling from the fact that Pope Benedict just up and left us, even though it was all for good reasons.  It was a jolt and I have not recovered.
 


images - http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/popes-meet-lunch-1st-time-600-years-18796239

No comments: