February 25, 2011

Good Things Happening in the Archdiocese of Boston

.
I feel like I've been away from my blog for a long time, but it's only been a couple days.  I've been finishing up my next newspaper article.  It's so hard when there is so much to talk about regarding sex and marriage. 

In the meantime, The Boston Pilot wrote about some great initiatives in the Archdiocese of Boston. 

Cardinal Sean O'Malley, Archbishop of Boston

1) A new marriage preparation program has been announced.  It is called, Transformed in Love, Building Your Catholic Marriage.  I like the emphasis on love and I like the emphasis on Catholic.  It's not just any marriage, it's a Catholic one.  I get excited when I see renewal in this area.  The more we can help engaged couples prepare for the road ahead of them, the better off the whole world will be.

2) St. John's Seminary is continuing to build their programs for the laity.  Their Theological Institute for the New Evangelization (TINE) is growing.  I have heard good things about it from attendees.  I wish I could go.

3) CatholicsComeHomeBoston.org is an outreach effort in Boston.  I always get excited about people returning or coming into the Catholic Church.

Wherever you are in your faith journey, our desire is that the Catholics Come Home® Boston campaign and this website will help you discover—or re-discover—the Catholic faith.

Our hope is that you will find that being Catholic can help you find true peace, happiness, and purpose in life. Our goal is to provide you with the help you need to understand the Catholic Church and her teachings. Go ahead, we want you to ask us the tough questions. We want you to know God’s love for you. We ask you to be part of our global Catholic family. We invite you to join us in worship, prayer, and fellowship at one of our 290 parishes in 144 cities and towns of eastern Massachusetts..


The door is open for you. We are one family – welcome home!

image - http://inthefootstepsofstpatrick.blogspot.com/2010/09/irish-church-spiritual-desert.html
.

No comments: