November 27, 2010

Thankfully Stuck In A Rut

.
I have been trying all day long to compose a newspaper article about the unexpected make up of the people in Jesus' genealogy.  The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.  Jesus had them all, but for some reason, I can't get beyond that initial thought.  Well, that's not totally true.  The other thought I have is the overriding message of the article - God works with all of us.  Whatever our shortcomings, He will make good out of them.  Of course, the more we can help Him, the better.

So I have been in this rut with these two ideas and no substantial content all day.  I thought blogging might stir up some creative juices and I was led to thinking about things for which I am grateful.  I know, it's Thanksgiving time, it's corny, but it's real.  My very own son blogged about being grateful for the friends and family in his life, and a friend of mine just posted in Facebook that he was grateful for the sense of community he has with a certain group of people.  So why not join them?

FOR WHAT AM I GRATEFUL?
My two sons & the unique disposition each of them has
My five siblings, my mother and my deceased father
My friends, JC, Mary and all the saints
Blogger - it's fun!
My ability to walk
My intellect and intuition
Food & water
My new car - Its color is the blue of Our Lady's mantle :-)
St. Benedict Abbey & all the monks
All the hikes I took this year
The plastic ball my sons and I bought for 25 cents at a yard sale ten years ago - we still have it!
My Rosaries - The green one my sister gave me and the red one my friend Suzanne gave me
East meets West - Having access to both Catholic Liturgies
Freedom to worship
Electricity

There are many more, but that will have to do for now.  I need to get serious about my article.  I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving.

.
image - http://headlinesnz.wordpress.com/tag/grief/
.

No comments: