August 08, 2010

Humility and Perseverance

.
I am piecing together two articles for a local newspaper.  I say piecing together, because that is what it is.  It is a bit on the painstaking side, calling me to practice the virtues of humility and perseverance.

I know what I want to say, but I don't know how I want to say it.  On second thought, I don't even know what I want to say.  It keeps changing.  I am praying to the Holy Spirit for inspiration, but it is slow in coming.  My guess is that He will come forth more strongly as the deadlines approach.  That's just how He works in my life.

The topics?  They are related to women's issues.  Imagine that.  ;-)  Here is a fitting prayer to help me on my way.  It is from the Publicans Prayer Book from the Melkite Greek Catholic Church's Eparchy in West Roxbury, MA.



O Blessed Theotokos, open the portal of your
deep mercy to us who put our trust in you, so that
we may not be brought to confusion, but through
you may be delivered from adversity; for you are
 the salvation of the Christian fold.  Amen.



.

From the Catechism of the Catholic Church:
1833 Virtue is a habitual and firm disposition to do good.


image - http://www.shermankuek.net/2007/12/.

No comments: