May 09, 2010

Mother's Day

.
My Mom bore six children.  Yes, I have five brothers and sisters.  As I have gotten older, I have come to appreciate having that many, and I thank my mother for all that she did to raise us. 

I think about my two sons and their cousins.  They either have one sibling or none at all.  With contraception and abortion, large families are rare these days and I find it sad, even for myself.  I wish I had more children, but before I returned to the Catholic Church, I practiced contraception and was not open to life.  Now I am annulled and am not sure I will be married.

I am thankful my two sons have each other, though.  They are good friends and I really enjoy seeing them together.  They both called me this morning to say Happy Mother's Day and I Love You. 

They probably do not know how much that moves me and how much it means to me.  "I love you too." 

.
image - http://www.hideawayinn.com/upload/flower%20arrangement.jpg
.

No comments: