May 12, 2010

Come Celebrate The Death of Death

.
This is the Vigil of the Feast of the Ascension.  It commemorates the fortieth day after Easter, which is when Jesus ascended into heaven after being with us in His glorified body since His Resurrection.  His ascension into His glory marks the completion of His work on our redemption.  I never realized that this feast brings the work of Jesus full circle from the Annunciation.  What a fitting closure.

I can not imagine what it was like being there when Christ ascended into Heaven.  I am sure it was something earth shattering, literally and spiritually!  Christ, call me and unite me to Your Ascension so I can come full circle with You. 

Happy Feast Day!

Kathleen
.

.
image - http://adtelevavi.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/ascension.jpg

.

No comments: