March 12, 2013

Suicide & Mental Illness - My Interview on Beneath the Surface Radio Show

I was on a radio talk show last night to talk about suicide, relevant to the book I am writing:
Unraveling My Father's Suicide: Forging a New Family Legacy for My Sons




 
I discussed my father's suicide, depression, and my own attempt to die by suicide.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Start of show - Advance to ~4:30
Great discussion anywhere you tune in, but as an fyi:
Start of my talk ~11:45
My Brother Don called in (total surprise) ~50:00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beneath the Surface "Suicide and Mental Illness" Radio Show, Mar 10, 2013 - Hour 2 of 2
http://snapvids.com/labz/BTS/BTS310p2.mp3

Start of show - Advance to ~4:00 
Great discussion anywhere you tune in, but as an fyi:
Medication ~6:30
Prozac & situational depression vs. major depression ~10:00 & on
Suicide prevention efforts vs. physician assisted suicide & euthanasia ~35:00 to end
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Letter to Paul Murano, the host:

Dear Paul,

Thank you for having me on your Beneath the Surface Radio Show "Mental Illness and Suicide" last night. Raising awareness in these two areas is so important for our society, and even more directly, for our families. You provided a great service for many people, and you did it in a thoughful and sensitive fashion. God Bless You!

Kathleen


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



15th Annual International Survivors of Suicide Day will be on Saturday, November 23, 2013
at several locations



No comments: