August 22, 2011

Consecration to Jesus Through Mary

It took me some time to understand this concept of going to Jesus through Mary, and now I have a good enough understanding that my curiosity has arisen about St. Louis de Montfort's Total Consecration to Jesus Through Our Lady.


"It was through the Blessed Virgin Mary that Jesus
came into the world, and it is also through her that he
must reign in the world." - Saint Louis

Several of my friends have taken the conseccration and they do the exercises every year to go along with it, but I have been shy, resistant, not ready, overwhelmed with it all, as well as embarassed about not even looking into it.  I think I still am overwhelmed, but there is a little seed that seems to be sprouting, to get me to at least read about it, and think that one day I might actually make this consecration.
I say that and then I take a peak at the prayers required, and once again, I am not so sure I will ever get to it.  Nonetheless, I am going to tiptoe ahead and research the exercises, and more importantly, the theology involved.
...Thirty-three days of preparation - each year!  Yikes!  Do I have the stamina and interest/calling to do this?  Not right now, but I'll keep reading.

Theology of Total Consecration to Mary

I just found another web site that helped me to understand why I might be skiddish.

First, read "True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin," written by St. Louis de Montfort
himself and decide for certain whether to consecrate yourself to Jesus through
Mary. Read carefully, and don't take this lightly; consecrating oneself

Thank you.  That makes perfect sense now.  Vows are serious undertakings.  One can't just jump into them, so I'll continue to pace myself, and keep you posted as I go.



image - http://maureenandbillhayes.libsyn.com/

No comments: