October 02, 2010

Can You Really Have Your Cake And Eat It Too?

.
When it comes to lying, cheating and stealing, adultery and contraception, I think not.

I am reminded of a cake I presented in my first blog, Promoting Life As A Roman Catholic.

It reflects the demise of weddings and marriage in our society. It is called a Divorce Cake.  It's quite creative and playful, but in the end, it is sad.  There is a copyright on the photo now, so you'll have to go to the web site. It's the first cake presented, the gun fight one, which splits off into two directions.

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_aug2006/DivorceCake.htm

I pray that we find a way to bring those offshoots back together, in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

=====================================================================
As an aside:  I am taking a cake decorating class.  Here is the first one I did.  It was for my older son.  :-)




I need work with centering and symmetry, but I like it.

.
image - mine!
.

No comments: